Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Build from scratch

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Build from scratch
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:21:59 +0100

Op Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:03:12 -0500
schreef Felipe López <address@hidden>:

> Currently, the only person I know that could write that documentation
> is Sam, the current gNewSense lead (and only?) developer.

Dennis is helping me out.

> But there's a problem, Sam is currently multitasking. As far as I
> know he's the only person working on the processes of deriving from
> Debian and releasing gNewSense.

On my todo list. The core of the process is reprepro. Debderiver is a
wrapper around it. Packaging is already described [1]. We use
rebuildd+pbuilder for automated building [2]. And we keep our changes in
Bazaar [3]. Let's say there's still some potential for automation.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Processes/Packaging
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/kgoetz/RebuilddSetup
[3] http://www.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentTeam/Bazaar