Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1

From: Harry Prevor
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:05:34 -0500

On 2015-01-13 16:00, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
True. Gnome-core depends on iceweasel. While I work on Iceweasel I
could fix the installation process by changing the dependency to
epiphany-browser. Any Epiphany fans here, or do you think the Mozilla
browser is an essential part of the desktop?

A problem with that for the Yeeloong users would be this bug, which is still present on WebKit browsers in Ucclia: http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=39232

I kept Iceweasel 3 from Parkes and it works fine for me, but from my experience you can't really browse reliably in gNS' WebKit browsers on the Yeeloong yet so I'd leave the dependency (at least for mips64el).

Harry Prevor