Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1

From: Marcus Moeller
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:31:16 +0100

Hi again.

Great, but as Iceweasel is missing, installation should still fail?

Iceweasel is only a soft dependency of the libreoffice binary package,
so you should be able to install without the browser. Or install the
individual components (libreoffice-writer etc.), which have no relation
with the browser.

Tasksel still fails: task-gnome-desktop Depends: gnome-core which is
not going to be installed

Greets
Marcus

Hello Marcus and all

I 'got around' the tasksel problem by following a suggestion of Sam's
(see mailing list archives around early Dec) so that I could actually
try out the desktop and some applications.

The installation on a Thinkpad laptop with ath5 based wifi went like
this...

* Boot from the mini.iso and enable networking (I used wifi)

* When you reach the tasksel stage, unselect the Desktop task, install
the other three tasks

As the internal disk is detected as /dev/sdb and the usb key as /dev/sda, grub installation will fail. I had to manually select /dev/sdb in order to write grub to mbr.

Greets
Marcus