Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Compiling Iceweasel

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Compiling Iceweasel
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 15:30:12 -0200

On Jan 13, 2015, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm now doing another test build on the Yeeloong with the unmodified
> iceweasel source. As expected, it seems stuck on the libvpx part again.
> I'm going to give it even more time now, though I find it hard to
> believe that it's doing anything useful at this point. I suspect
> there's a Yeeloong specific bug in gcc that causes an infinite loop,
> but I wasn't planning on tracing that. The other option is backporting
> libvpx from Sid.

Would you send me detailed instructions on how to duplicate this
problem?  I might be able to help, but all I know about building .debs
is make-kpkg, which is hardly general.  So, pointers to inputs,
buildreqs and command line would be welcome.

(extra points if you can send me just the preprocessed input and gcc
command line, so that I can dig into the problem right away, rather than
wait for a longish build to reach the point.

Speaking of make-kpkg, is now a good time to upgrade the
yeeloong/gnewsense build machine to the tree corresponding to the
upcoming release, so that future builds are built with it?  I could
rebuild whatever release you intend to use in gnewsense4 with the
updated toolchain, then.  Just say the word.

Thanks,

Free Software Evangelist|Red Hat Brasil GNU Toolchain Engineer