Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Compiling Iceweasel

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Compiling Iceweasel
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 21:01:23 +0100

Op Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:34:52 -0200
schreef Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden>:

> I didn't realize the problem was in libvpx's standalone built.  I
> somehow got the idea the problem occurred while building iceweasel's
> built-in libvpx.  I'll have a look.

I encountered the bug trying to build Iceweasel with built-in libvpx.
Then I tried to make it use the system's libvpx, but that's too old.
Then I tried building it without libvpx altogether, but that breaks
other media stuff that can't be turned off with configure flags. So
that lead me to try backporting libvpx. It's probably the same version
that's built-in to iceweasel, so if we solve the problem for the
backport then we also solve it for iceweasel.

> I thought you'd my gnewsense/yeeloong builds.  If not, nevermind.  But
> if you'd rather use them, just say the word ;-)

Your builds are a great help to me and to users who want something more
cutting edge than our default kernel. Our repository has Debian's
kernel deblobbed by linux-libre's script so that we benefit from
Debian's stability and don't have to update other packages too much for
changing kernel versions.