Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Compiling Iceweasel

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Compiling Iceweasel
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 23:02:36 +0100

Op Tue, 27 Jan 2015 15:30:12 -0200
schreef Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden>:

> On Jan 13, 2015, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The other option is backporting libvpx from Sid.

I've now tried to build Sid's version and it's stuck on the same thing.

> Would you send me detailed instructions on how to duplicate this
> problem?  I might be able to help, but all I know about building .debs
> is make-kpkg, which is hardly general.  So, pointers to inputs,
> buildreqs and command line would be welcome.

If you already have Ucclia running on the Yeeloong, then you can do
this:

$ sudo aptitude install devscripts
$ sudo aptitude build-dep libvpx
$ dget
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libv/libvpx/libvpx_1.3.0-3.dsc
$ dpkg-source -x *.dsc
$ cd libvpx-1.3.0
$ debuild -b -uc -us -sa

> (extra points if you can send me just the preprocessed input and gcc
> command line, so that I can dig into the problem right away, rather
> than wait for a longish build to reach the point.

libvpx is a small package. Ucclia's own version builds successfully on
the Yeeloong in a few minutes, so you should see Sid's version hang
pretty quickly.

> Speaking of make-kpkg, is now a good time to upgrade the
> yeeloong/gnewsense build machine to the tree corresponding to the
> upcoming release, so that future builds are built with it?  I could
> rebuild whatever release you intend to use in gnewsense4 with the
> updated toolchain, then.  Just say the word.

I've built Ucclia's kernel in an Ucclia environment, so you should have
no problem with it for your build machine. I haven't tested the upgrade
path much, but the build machine is probably fairly minimal, so I don't
expect much trouble.