gnobog-devel

Re: [Gnobog-devel] Re: gnobog problems

From: renaud_chaillat
Subject: Re: [Gnobog-devel] Re: gnobog problems
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:42:24 CEST

>Well, as I now have gnobog_bookmarks.xml and rincewind in my
>.gnobog dir, it doesn't crash anymore.
>If you want the output anyway, I can remove rincewind again
>and re-produce the crash (but possibly you can reproduce
>it then as well).

Nope :-(

>After looking at the stack trace (in my original bug report)
>and seeing that it actually crashes inside g_malloc0(),
>I think there are only two possible causes for the crash:
> a) insufficient initialization
> b) memory corruption

I vote for b), especially because the mozilla path in your
log is weird.

>Though b) is always possible, in this case I'm tempted to
>vote for a), as the crash happens inside
>gnobog_app_ask_user_firsttime().
>Could it be that a dialog box is tried to open here while
>gtk2 isn't yet correctly initialized?

Not in the current code, but there might be a string problem
in the code called on first time launch.

>If you need any more info, just ask.
>I'll start now to play around with the new GUI (and possibly
>porting my patch for the X clipboard).

OK, I'll let you play with the new GUI :-)
I'm going to track this memory corruption problem - I just
can't live with a thing like that floating around ;-)

Could you mail me your prefs.xml content ?

Renaud

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)