gnobog-devel

Re: [Gnobog-devel] Re: gnobog problems

From: Detlef Vollmann
Subject: Re: [Gnobog-devel] Re: gnobog problems
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 13:19:59 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> The segfault should be fixed now, the path was not set to NULL
> when mozilla dir could not be found.
I'll try that later.

> Could you tell us the paths to all your bookmarks (mozilla,
> galeon, konqueror, and so on) ?
Of these, I only have mozilla.  The format of the path of
that bookmarks file is:
  $HOME/.mozilla/<profile name>/<random string>.slt/bookmarks.html
(I have two different profiles.)

For Netscape3, the path is standard:
  $HOME/.netscape/bookmarks.html
(But I believe you can have profiles there as well.)

For Netscape4, my path is completely non-standard:
  /opt/myns/profile/bookmarks.html

For old gnobog, dillo and Lynx, my path is standard again.

> If there's no way to guess the paths, we'll have to make a
> dialog to ask the user.
Personally, I'm not so happy to get them collected automatically
(without asking me).  I might want to start with an empty
gnobog bookmarks file and then importing what I want to keep.

Of course, an option to collect everything that can be found
would be useful.

Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems    http://www.vollmann.ch/