Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)

From: Martin Bürbaum
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:05:28 +0200

BORBELY Zoltan wrote:

> As a band aid you can create /dev/ptyp0 with the same major/minor
> number as /dev/ptyp0. Don't forget to create /dev/ttyp0 similar to
> /dev/ttya0 too (ptyp0 will be a master and ttyp0 will be the slave side).
MANY THANKS.
You're da man bozo.... many many many thanks to you (and the gnokii devs
of course).

I just added this two lines  to /etc/device_table :
/dev/ptyp0 c 666 0 0 2 0 - - -
/dev/ttyp0 c 666 0 0 3 0 - - -

gnokiid now doesn't break and creates a /dev/gnokii -device.
Now i just have to figure out how dailin works for my provider ;-)
I will report further success/problems here.

Regards,
Martin

--
When the only tool you have is a hammer,
every problem looks like a nail.