Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)

From: Martin Bürbaum
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:36:24 +0200

Dailin works fine now, though it's a bit expensive, but this is another
story.
So here is my working config for gnokii on my Sharp Zaurus SL-5500G

gnokii version: 0.5.2
Nokia-firmware: V 5.23 20-03-00 NSM-1 (Nokia 6150)
Zaurus-OS     : OpenZaurus 3.2
kernelversion : 2.4

I added this lines  to /etc/device_table
/dev/ptyp0 c 666 0 0 2 0 - - -
/dev/ttyp0 c 666 0 0 3 0 - - -

Just reboot to make this entries work (there may also be another
way for this).

# cat .gnokiirc
bindir = /mnt/card/usr/sbin
connection = infrared
initlength = 1
model = 6150
port = /dev/ttyS2
use_locking = yes

gnokiid is installed on destiantion sd (sd-card = /mnt/card)

All running infrared (especially irda) modules are disabled.
Make sure the irda-applet is disabled. and
the comamnd
lsmod|grep ir
dont give any output

Now you can use /dev/gnokii to dailin via pppd/chat.

Thanks again to all of you working on gnokii,
Martin
--
Surely the 4 sysadmins of the apocalypse should be:
edquota, rm -rf, kill -9, and shutdown.