Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)

From: Martin Bürbaum
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:43:11 +0200

Hi Bozo,

BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
>> Is this the only way to get more info out of gnokiid?
>
> It depends on your kernel. If you are using a 2.4.x series or a newer
> kernel you can try to use "strace -f -F". If it doesn't work (you won't
> find any execve call with mgnokiidev as an argument) you can try to issue
> strace /mnt/card/usr/sbin/mgnokiidev 1. It won't work perfectly but we
> will see where is the problem.

I found out about the -F parameter myself while searching the manpage
of strace in the subway  ~20minutes before i read your post today ;-)

So here are the strace outputs:

http://members.chello.at/stefbuer/tmp/log/strace_f_F_gnokiid.txt
http://members.chello.at/stefbuer/tmp/log/strace_f_F_mgnokiidev.txt
http://members.chello.at/stefbuer/tmp/log/strace_f_F_mgnokiidev_dev_ttyS2.txt

mgnokiidev (did I use the correct parameter?) tries to access
 /dev/ptyp0 with the open command. There isn't such a file in dev:
----------------------
# ls /dev |grep pty
ptya0
ptya1
ptya2
ptya3
ptya4
ptya5
ptya6
ptya7
ptya8
ptya9
ptyaa
ptyab
ptyac
ptyad
ptyae
ptyaf

I also tried to get gcc to work on my zaurus and it seem to work quite fine.
The bigger problem is that i can't find aclocal, autoconf,automake
and autoheader-package for the openzaurus embedded linux :?
Is there a way to compile gnokii without them?

Thanks again for your patience,
Martin
--
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of
cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.