Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 6150 pty error (an Sharp Zaurus)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:33:17 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 09:40:47PM +0200, Martin Bürbaum wrote:
> I don't think compiling gnokii myself will help me much now doesn't it?

It can help. I suspect this is a cross compiled package, so the
UNIX98 pty support will be disabled. After you run configure you
have to find the following line in include/config.h:

#define USE_UNIX98PTYS 1

If it fails, the attached patch can help (it can be applied to the
latest release). I will commit it into the cvs.

> Where is the difference between ptya0 and ptyp0 (symlink possible)?
> And is there a way to create ptypx devices?
> makedev seems to be missing on the zaurus too, but i will search a bit.

As a band aid you can create /dev/ptyp0 with the same major/minor
number as /dev/ptyp0. Don't forget to create /dev/ttyp0 similar to
/dev/ttya0 too (ptyp0 will be a master and ttyp0 will be the slave side).

Bye,
Bozo