Re: Nokia 5130 with Mac OS X

From: Gustavo Delfino
Subject: Re: Nokia 5130 with Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:25:44 -0430

On Sep 23, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Pawel Kot wrote:

This one:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/5130_XpressMusic
? Or very old one:
http://tech.wp.pl/telefon.html?mid=97&phoneId=12078&ticaid=18ccf

Hello, Pawel. My phone is the 5130_XpressMusic. I now realize that Nokia recycle model numbers... very unfortunate.

0.6.26 (Fink)
0.6.27 (MacPorts)

Are there maintainers for these things? Do you happen to have some
email address whom we could ask to bump the version?

For fink it is Benjamin Reed <gnokiiATfinkDOTracoonfinkDOTcom>
For MacPorts it just says: address@hidden

I decided to use MacPorts as it offers a newer version of Gnokii. It
downloaded, compiled and installed Gnokii and a very large number of
dependencies (it took about 3 hours).

Well, these are probably compile time dependencies which needed to be
compiled themselves (I'm not familiar with MacPorts).

Yes, including a complete compile of Perl and Python.

If you are not going to use two programs accessing phone port you may set:
use_locking = no
in the config file. Otherwise you should create the lock dir and give
it the right permissions. Or is there any other dir on MacOS X that's
standard for that purpose?

I am not sure. Maybe just /tmp or /var/tmp

regards to the port, I noticed that 4 new devices appear in /dev when I
connect the phone:

/dev/cu.usbmodem1d12
/dev/cu.usbmodem1d1A
/dev/tty.usbmodem1d12
/dev/tty.usbmodem1d1A

As the hint. Not to change config every time you could use sections:

[phone_cu1d12]
model = 6510
port = /dev/cu.usbmodem1d12
connection = serial

and use gnokii with

$ gnokii --phone cu1d12 ...

Thank you for the hint.

I would recommend trying two models:
model = 6510
model = AT
with all these ports and see what works.

Thanks, but it is now working fine other bluetooth using series40 as Daniele suggested.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

--
Gustavo Delfino