Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: =tagging-method and non-portable filenames

From: Ethan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: =tagging-method and non-portable filenames
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:29:10 -0800

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 03:01:06PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Douglas Philips <address@hidden> writes:
> > > rename your files to not include whitespace.
> >
> > This is going to be nearly a show-stopper for Mac OS/X users.
> > I understand tla's legacy, but that is irrelevant to adoption by Mac
> > OS/X users.
>
> Huh?  Does every software project on the mac use spaces all over the
> place in source code filenames?  I thought the `space issue' was largely
> an end-user problem...

it is an enduser problem.  macos users are just so religously dogmatic
about putting spaces in every filename, and then screaming `ARCHAIC
PEECEE CRAP!!!' whenever they find those spaces cause inconvenience.

IME macos users have more money then they know what to do with, so if
they want thier damned spaces so bad they should have no trouble at
all paying Tom to implement it (correctly, not by way of kludge),
instead of the usual screams of 'ARCHAIC PEECEE CRAPWARE!!'.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/