Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Syst

From: Shlomi Fish
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:35:27 +0300 (IDT)

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> On Sep 08 2003, Damien wrote:
> > - how about for arch's repository permissions - "access permissions on
> >   an arch repository are global, but arch makes it easy to mirror
> >   projects in different locations - so it is possible to emulate
> >   access to a subset of the project list pretty easily"
>
> When archives are accessed via webdav (and even on plain http?),
> wouldn't arch be able to enforce permissions via .htaccess or something?

Beats me. It depends how the repository is organized and how its
organization makes way for this feature. In Subversion each URL on the web
server correponds to a path in the repository. So if you define an
.htaccess permission, it can guard against abuse of this path in the
repository.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

> Stig

Shlomi Fish        address@hidden

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

        Falk Fish