Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

So, about this comparison -- who's the audience?  what's the point?

The set of questions in the comparison are kind of strange.  I don't
see, implied by the particular questions, either sufficient or
necessary conditions for the system I'd want to use -- but I suppose
that depends on who's asking and what their goals are.  Are you
interested in the meta-question: what's the right way to compare
revision control systems?  About who typically makes those decisions
and what they base their decisions on?  or what they _should_ base
their decisions on?  About who is impacted by those decisions and how?