Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems

From: Ollivier Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Ongoing Comparison Between Version Control Systems
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:48:42 +0200

According to Shlomi Fish:
> >From what I understood Perforce exhibits a very similar architecture to
> CVS (a directory tree of individual RCS-like files) and has a similar
> command set. (using different command maybe but with the same semantics).

That's too short a description to give Perforce credits. Perforce is indeed
implemented with a set of RCS files but all metadata is put into a set of
.db files/tables and its features set is much bigger than CVS. It has true
and easy branching, atomic commits and all that.

Don't be driven by the command set only :)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- address@hidden
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 6.6: Thu May  1 21:48:54 PDT 2003