Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:56:43 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Zack Brown <address@hidden>

    > Tom, my apologies. I see now that the whole doc maintainer
    > situation (James' disappearance) is making things hard to deal
    > with, and that you *have* applied doc patches that were
    > accompanied by a merge request in the bug tracking system.
    > Thanks for the explanation on IRC.

I'm not without blame.  Some of James' patches sat a bit longer than
would be ideal and it took me way to long to get the docs onto
www.gnu.org and i still owe him some docs on the .doc format.  I
didn't respond to the original doc patches with the usual boilerplate
about using the bug tracker.  Moreover, James hasn't entirely
disappeared from the arch scene as far as I know -- far from it.
Moreover, he's contributed a lot to the docs and while I appreciate
the apology I also very much don't want it to reflect badly on James
whose contributions have been entirely positive.  "Blame the manager"
(that would be me) accurately applies in this case.

The whole situation is really fuzzed up by the migration to savannah
and ramp up of using the bug tracker there.    Nobody is to blame.
We're not really all that far behind on doc patches.   It'll all get
sorted in out in coming days.   Everything is progressing along --
just on hippie-time or something.

Speaking of hippie-time -- now if only i could get someone to upload
tla-1.1pre5 to ftp.gnu.org .......