[Gnu-arch-users] Re: script to convert set of dirs into arch repo

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: script to convert set of dirs into arch repo
Date: 09 Sep 2003 11:06:18 +0900

Zack Brown <address@hidden> writes:
> Has anyone written a script to convert a set of directories, each
> representing one version of a project, into an arch repo? ideally it
> would also be possible to run the same script on additional
> directories later on, and have them add future versions of the same
> project to that repo.

My impression from earlier conversations on this list is that the
easiest way is to:

 (1) Import the first directory, and get an arch project tree.

 (2) For each subsequent directory, compute a diff against the previous
     one, apply it to the project tree using patch, and commit the
     project tree.  You may need to fiddle with file id-tags after
     running patch and before committing (you can use my tla-update-tags
     script :-).

For doing the diff, I guess you could use the project tree as the
`BEFORE' directory as long as you take care to avoid various arch
special directories (e.g., use diff's -x/-X options).

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]