Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] OpenCM

From: Mirian Crzig Lennox
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] OpenCM
Date: 07 Sep 2003 14:45:33 -0400

address@hidden (Zack Brown) writes:

> Has OpenCM resolved their licensing problems? Last I heard there was
> some deep dark evil that no one wanted to actually state openly, that
> meant that OpenCM was not GPL-compatible. Is that still the case?

OpenCM is currently forced to be released under the GPL because it
incorporates some GPL code (the gdiff library).  However, its authors
dislike the GPL because they claim it does not adequately protect
patent rights.  They are actively working to remove the GPL code,
after which then intend releasing OpenCM under the IBM Common Public
Licence (which is also an OSI-approved open source licence).

cheers,
--Mirian