Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:03:35 +1000

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 20:46, address@hidden wrote:
> Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Guys, guys, guys.
> >
> > It's *been written*.
> >
> > cscvs.
> >
> > From address@hidden/cscvs--devel--1.0.
>
> But, but, but ...
>
> I did check this tool out before asking, but I could not figure out
> how to use it to migrate a CVS archive to arch, or even if it was
> possible.  Maybe it's just a matter of documentation (or maybe I
> overlooked it).  Can you post some instructions?

cvs -d foo co -d foo-cvs foo
tla make-archive address@hidden
tla make-category -A address@hidden foo
tla make-branch address@hidden/foo--HEAD
tla make-version address@hidden/foo--HEAD--1.0
mkdir blank
cd blank
tla init-tree
tla set-tree-version address@hidden/foo--HEAD--1.0
cd ../foo
cscvs cache -b
cscvs totla -i <changeset number of first on HEAD - probably 1> ../blank
cscvs totla -c <same number>:: ../blank

will import the mainline.
then, you can use totla to create tags and commits for each successive
branch in CVS.

Cheers,
Rob