Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2

From: duchier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:29:47 +0200

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your instructions.  I followed them for the CVS project
that I most would like to migrate to arch but...

> cvs -d foo co -d foo-cvs foo
> tla make-archive address@hidden
> tla make-category -A address@hidden foo
> tla make-branch address@hidden/foo--HEAD
> tla make-version address@hidden/foo--HEAD--1.0
> mkdir blank
> cd blank
> tla init-tree
> tla set-tree-version address@hidden/foo--HEAD--1.0
> cd ../foo

I get stuck here:

> cscvs cache -b

cscvs [cache aborted]: /home/denys/src/mozart-cvs/CVS/Catalog: No such file or
directory

what does this mean?  what is this Catalog file?  It's not a regular
CVS admin file as far as I know.

> cscvs totla -i <changeset number of first on HEAD - probably 1> ../blank
> cscvs totla -c <same number>:: ../blank
>
> will import the mainline.
> then, you can use totla to create tags and commits for each successive
> branch in CVS.

Cheers,

--
Denys Duchier - Équipe Calligramme - LORIA, Nancy, France