Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Utterly painless arch?

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Utterly painless arch?
Date: 10 Sep 2003 08:38:49 -0700

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 05:50, Miles Bader wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 05:10:27AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > *I* don't.  But I think that a lot of the kind of people you are reaching
> > out to will have no idea that you have to add a backslash in front of all
> > the filenames that start with an = (the docs don't show this)
>
> That's because you don't have to add a backslash in front of `='
> (though doing so will help with bash shell completion).

Second vote for more testers of Tez's patch to bash.  If people like it,
we should probably

1) include it in the arch distro (maybe in contrib?)
2) lobby for its inclusion in the bash sources, so that we can all use
it in the next release in 5 or 6 years.

The bash maintainer doesn't even keep a public CVS, and has no
intentions of doing so.  Kind of annoying.

Bob