[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.1 plans

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.1 plans
Date: 16 Sep 2003 11:04:27 +0900

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> Would ".cvsignore" functionality do the trick?   Off the top of my
> head, I think that'd be cheap and easy, compared to "full relative
> path regexps" foo.

Yes that would be good enough for me -- indeed that's what I first
wanted, but someone said `That functionality will be supported via
extended regexp support'... :-)

I presume it will read something like `.arch-ignore', but is the idea to
directly read `.cvsignore' files, or rely on the user to make parallel
.arch-ignore files?  If it supports both `.arch-ignore' and
`.cvsignore', I'm not sure if it ought to read both when both are
present, or only read .cvsignore when there's no .arch-ignore (the idea
being that sometimes you might want to ignore files in CVS, but not in
arch).

Thanks,

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'