[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Answer for an icon (Was: Call for an Icon)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Answer for an icon (Was: Call for an Icon)
Date: 16 Sep 2003 10:54:30 +0900

Ah, it's very nice!  Far more personable that most project icons/logos.

[I find most project mascots to be sort of `meh' -- including tux & the
BSD demon, BTW -- like they knew they wanted something, but just didn't
have the skill to do a good job...]

Have you seen the sort of `standard' cute japanese octopus drawing?

I can't seem to find a good version via google, but it's the sort of
thing you always see on tako-yaki stands, and randomly in manga
backgrounds, with a kind of tubular mouth (like Gary Larson used to draw
for his cavemen :-) looking incredulous, and often wearing a headband
and waving a fan...  Hmmm, boy it sounds very stupid the way I describe
it, but it's very appealing.

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....