[Gnu-arch-users] Re: UI change proposal: *-tag -> *->id

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: UI change proposal: *-tag -> *->id
Date: 19 Sep 2003 18:27:40 +0900

Pau Aliagas <address@hidden> writes:
> > So: Why have two words for two concepts when one will do? :)
>
> That's what I propose, leave it as is as it causes no confusion.

Even if you were never confused, it _does_ cause confusion -- I was
certainly confused on that particular point when I first started using
arch.

> We could move file-tag to file-id, as suggested, but that would be more
> confusing as you have to use "arch-tag" inside a file. Should we move it
> too to "file-id"?

In fact, it is likely that `arch-tag:' will be replaced by `arch-id:'
(it's necessary to use a new name for other reasons, and that seems to
be the leading contender).

> I'm not opposed to normalizing commands, but in this case I dont find it
> necessary.

But I presume you won't be excessively bothered if it is changed for
the benefit of others (in particular, new users of tla)?

-Miles
--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'