[Gnu-arch-users] NEW: --forward options (alternative to --skip-present)

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] NEW: --forward options (alternative to --skip-present)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:44:38 -0700 (PDT)

Another new option:  --forward (aka -N) to various merging commands.

As with `patch(1)', --forward means "ignore hunks that appear to
already have been applied".

Thus, this is a (superior, I think) alternative to --skip-present.

(Small, temporary caveat:  the --forward option in tla doesn't _yet_
have effect on file adds that already seem to have taken place, but
i'll fix that tonight or tomorrow).

-t

----

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=lord%40emf.net&item_name=support+for+arch+and+other+free+software+efforts+by+tom+lord&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD

and

address@hidden for www.moneybookers.com payments.

"Fast forward a couple of years. Now the truly massive profit margins
 meant that just about any mistake and I mean any mistake, was completely
 masked by the awesome cash flow. Management succumbed to the cash flow
 drug and vainly assumed that it was their hard work, superior strategies
 and dizzying business acumen that was driving the company ever skyward.
 They thought they could do no wrong but they were.

 They thought that t-shirts, purple furniture, jackets, unique building
 architecture, polo shirts, sabbaticals, watches and great product code
 names were the secret recipe for success." --Chad Carlin