[Gnu-arch-users] ego and the contest, was: SourceForge.net Service Updat

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] ego and the contest, was: SourceForge.net Service Update: CVS
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:14:06 +0100

On 2003-09-21 08:36:51 +0100 Zack Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
developers of project A think that project A is the way to go. But
that's not the same as there being an ego competition.

I think there's serious ego involved for some of the flames that get thrown if you dare to use or suggest something that isn't the One True Way, or sometimes even if you question the choice.

tla could do with better promotion, it is true. It could also do with better interoperation tools, especially for running projects, so that those who don't control the core storage can use it easily and share with those how do. The work done so far has been good and I wish it well (as well as wishing I had more time).

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ address@hidden