Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:05:59 +0100

On 2003-09-24 21:41:42 +0100 Tom Lord <address@hidden> wrote:
> In general: fight back against shells screwing up the namespace of
> files by "taking over" various characters.

In general, fine, but arch already declares some characters off-limits itself.
As far as I know, I can't use letters like ĉ in it.  I can escape braces from
the shell, but I have to transliterate for arch.  It just seemed an odd choice
to use common special characters when there wasn't a need to.  Also note that I
wasn't saying anything about completion.  I don't much use completion anyway.