[Gnu-arch-users] configs?

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] configs?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:35:02 -0700

Is there a reason configs are required to be in the ``configs'' directory? It seems like any file in that format should be sufficient.

In fact, is there a benefit to having a more than one per project? It seems to me that a single config in {arch} (or whatever) would serve the purpose as long as it was revisioned properly. If your project needs to have a variety of configs, you could keep them in your own directory and apply them at the appropriate time as you today.

If we can have a single config, is there a reason it shouldn't be applied at checkout time?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>