Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes in address@hidden, and star-merge an

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes in address@hidden, and star-merge and update/replay defaults
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:13:04 -0500

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 18:14, Robert Collins wrote:

> > A user does 'tla get address@hidden/rhythmbox'.  They
> > naturally get rhythmbox--mainline--0.6.  However, suppose later I create
> > a --0.7 version.  What I want to happen is when the user types 'tla
> > replay', it should notice that there's a new version, and do the tla
> > set-tree-version trick automatically.
>
> No, I don't like this. Thats no longer the same line of development.

It depends on what you think of as "the same line of development".  If
the user intends to just track the latest development version, it IS the
same line.

> To me, this is a config management issue, [...]

Configs can solve the problem, yes.  I think however that having
replay/update normally track updates is easier, and that configs are too
heavyweight; see my other message.