Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Pika Scheme project announcement

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Pika Scheme project announcement
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:35:05 -0800

On Nov 21, 2003, at 16:08, Miles Bader wrote:

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:58:44AM -0800, Dustin Sallings wrote:
        Wow, that doesn't even include bigloo or chicken (native scheme
compilers).  When I think, ``Hey, I need a scheme implementation,''
it's pretty much those two and guile.  Well, and LispMe (really nice
scheme env for palm), but that doesn't count.  :)

Since we're talking about small-as-possible scheme-for-scripting, I think a traditional compiler may not be the best choice (but feel free to show that
I'm mistaken ... :-).

I guess I'm just surprised at the number of them. You provided a nice long list of schemes, and the one I've used most recently and the one I may end up replacing it with were not included. :)

--
Dustin Sallings