Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Pika Scheme project announcement

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Pika Scheme project announcement
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:17:59 +0000

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'm curious if anyone's done a recent survey of scheme implementations,
>> as there certainly seem to be a lot of them, including some that at
>> least appear to have similar goals to pika (e.g., sawfish's rep).
>
> Oh, BTW rep's not actually scheme, it's vaguely supposed to be like
> elisp...

Yes, although it's lexically scoped, and seems to have one slot for
values (i.e., a symbol has a value, not a value and a function value).
It also has property lists and things.  So it's probably best
described as an updated elisp, informed by such things as scheme.

drscheme and mzscheme are basically the same, I think.  It's just that
drscheme has a big environment (nice editor, etc.), especially
suitable for learning.