Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: What I think 1.1 gold needs:

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: What I think 1.1 gold needs:
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:59:51 +0900

    Miles> I think it's perfectly fine to add certain sorts of
    Miles> features as long as the interface remains stable; in
    Miles> particular, filling in certain sorts of missing
    Miles> functionality (e.g., fixing the current incompleteness of
    Miles> the inode-state optimizations) seems quite kosher, and the
    Miles> sort of change featured in the minor releases of _most_
    Miles> programs.

For what it's worth, python-dev has this discussion perennially, and
after the releases of 2.3.1 and 2.3.2  in early autumn, the release
manager remarked that he'd had a fair number of "thank you" mails, and
that most didn't mention features at all, but of those which did, all
said something equivalent to "Thank God you added no new features."