Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fedora core 2 will include subversion (and not

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fedora core 2 will include subversion (and not gnu arch)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:37:46 +1100

    Colin> #!/bin/sh
    Colin> for log in $(tla logs); do
    Colin> if tla cat-log | grep "$1" 1>/dev/null; then
    Colin> echo $log
    Colin> fi
    Colin> done

My version of cat-log says it requires a parameter.

Also, if given a parameter of "xyz.c", I think the above would match
entries with "abcxyc.c", "xyzbc" both in the *-files headers as well
as the summary.

    Colin> Now, having given my answers above, one question to ask is
    Colin> - what exactly do you mean by "this file"?  Are you talking
    Colin> about the file name, or the file identity?  Suppose you
    Colin> want the diffs between foo.c in patch-10 and foo.c in
    Colin> patch-30.  Suppose further than in patch-15, you renamed
    Colin> foo.c to bar.c, and baz.c to foo.c.  What exactly do you
    Colin> want to see the delta of?  foo.c (previously baz.c) as of
    Colin> patch-15 versus foo.c as of patch-30?  Or do you want the
    Colin> original foo.c in patch-10 (now bar.c), versus the current
    Colin> foo.c in patch-30?  There's even more ways to answer this
    Colin> question.

Interesting problem. Can potentially get confusing...

Personally, I would like tla to look up the file ID of "foo.c" in the
currently checked out version, and use this ID to do the comparison
(and if it doesn't exist, treat the file as new or deleted).

So if for instance, if the history is
patch-15 foo.c --> bar.c; baz.c --> foo.c
patch-45 bar.c --> dog.c

and the current checked out version in patch-60, and I request the
differences between dog.c in patch-10 and patch-30, I would want it to
find the diff between foo.c in patch-10 and bar.c in patch-30. Is this
possible?
--
Brian May <address@hidden>