Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Translation of tla

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Translation of tla
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:36:43 +0900

    Tez> You know, this message is _global_, not _local_. Thus, we
    Tez> can't write the following statement:

There are ways to get around that, by moving the actual call to
gettext into the function that prints help.  Why can't that be used
here?

However, I think another issue worth a few minutes thought is that
arch help messages are actually quite regular, and probably we should
take advantage of that in translation if possible by breaking up long
messages into component getttext keys.

    Tez> But if this kind of globally modification would be done, I'd
    Tez> translate tla's relevant all messages to Japanese, at least.

Hey, I'll help with that!  (Proofreading more than translation, I
guess.)