Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Translation of tla

From: Tez Kamihira
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Translation of tla
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:43:57 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:36:43 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> said:

> However, I think another issue worth a few minutes thought is that
> arch help messages are actually quite regular, and probably we should
> take advantage of that in translation if possible by breaking up long
> messages into component getttext keys.

I got another problem. If we link gettext library, we'll have another
outer dependency. tla will become fatter and fatter. Installation will
be difficult more and more. Portability will be worser and worser.
Is it permitable ?

>     Tez> But if this kind of globally modification would be done, I'd
>     Tez> translate tla's relevant all messages to Japanese, at least.
>
> Hey, I'll help with that!  (Proofreading more than translation, I
> guess.)

Very helpful. It's not so easy for every native speaker to
speak/write his/her own language easily, only with very basic words.

       - Tez