Re: [Gnu-arch-users] java port

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] java port
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:05:20 +0800

David Bernard wrote:

| Have some doc/specification (I not fluant in C) where command are explain
(what
| is done on under {arch} directory... ?

I'm not sure -- I doubt it, other than the tla source code -- but what
you really want is the documentation for the archive format that arch
uses (which is actually pretty simple, from what I can gather).  In
fact, if you want to re-implement arch so that it plays well with
Windows, you'd do well /not/ to structure {arch} in exactly the same
as tla does, as the file names under there often exceed some built-in
limitations of Windows.  What matters is that you can read and commit
to the same archives as tla, not that you can share project trees with tla.

On the other hand, tla has had a lot of work put into tuning it, so
you'd probably be better off looking at one of the many Windows ports
that already exist.  I'm not sure how well they work though, or which
is the most mature :-/

Cameron.