Re: [Gnu-arch-users] java port

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] java port
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:42:45 -0400

Jan Hudec wrote:
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 12:11:23 +0200, Peter Conrad wrote:

I've thought about Java integration of arch for a while, and I've come to
the conclusion that the best way to do it would be to write Java wrapper
classes that execute 'tla' and parse its output.

Aaron Bentley is already doing that in Python.

Credit where due: PyArch, the python Arch library, is David Allouche's project (and I'm among several contributors).

http://ddaa.net/pyarch.html

I'd say "Don't forget Jython", but in fact, PyArch requires Python 2.3, and Jython doesn't have all the 2.3 features yet. Jython does look neat, though, and seems to interoperate with Java much more seamlessly than Python works with C or C++.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology