Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:37:36 -0400

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 01:18:45PM -0700, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

> In CVS, while you can, you don't have to type:
>
>  -d :ext:address@hidden:/Repository
>
>  in front of every command. So the CVS tutorials all omit that
>  stuff, for the benefit of the tutorial.

Speaking of which...

Is there anything preventing[1] arch from having a CVSROOT-like
environment variable to override all assumptions based on 'my-default-
archive'?

Certainly it could help both old and new people alike, particularly
those who might have multiple shells working on multiple projects in
(you guessed it) multiple archives.

Or am I just rehashing an old idea that was already tossed out for some
reason?  Would two 'defaults' be too cluttered?

[1] Philosophically, I presume, rather than technically.