Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability

From: Matthew Palmer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Online book for usability
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:04:21 +1000

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:09:29PM +0200, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 17:49 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>
> > What I'd really like, instead of that, is aliases for archives.  Add an
> > --alias option to register-archive, which allows you to specify an alias
> > name.  For simplicity, aliases probably shouldn't be allowed to be valid
> > archive names.
>
> Just use shell environment variables.  They work perfectly for this
> purpose.  No need to add anything to tla.

Well, to be fair, most of what's in tla can be done with some shell
scripting.  The question of what should or shouldn't be in tla obviously
isn't based on what can be re-implemented in the shell.  <grin>

- Matt

--
"I'm tempted to try Gentoo, but then I learned that its installer is in
Python, and, well, a base Python install on my system is something like