Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Archive namespace usability (was: Online book for u

From: Matthew Palmer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Archive namespace usability (was: Online book for usability)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:31:15 +1000

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:21:52PM +0200, David Allouche wrote:
>   * A powerful alias system
>
>     Some time ago a wrote a extensive design in the hope to address this
>     many-sided problem in its entirety. Unfortunately, it generated no
>     feedback.
>
>     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2004-04/msg00386.html
>
>     Comments are still more than welcome.

I now realise why it doesn't exist -- the issues involved are a hell of a
lot more complex than I initially could have concieved of.

I'd still like them (if only for use with -A and fully-qualified
branch/revision names in various places), but I can understand if they're
not worth the effort -- I'll just go back to my environment vars.

Good treatise on the topic, though, David.  A little over my head, but what
I understood I thought was pretty well on the money.

- Matt