Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:32:45 +0100

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 20:40:49 +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 10:21:51AM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> > I also agree that programs look much nicer and easier to
> > write in a high level language.
>
> This is also a feature of programmers, not languages.

There is an interesting paper by Paul Graham. He has a hypothesis, that
a programmer can write about the same number of tokens in a unit of
time, no matter what language he is writing them in (or little matter).

Now that would mean, that programming is more efficient in a higher
language. The higher here means it can do more work with one statement.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>