Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:23:52 -0600

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:12:22 +1100
Brian May <address@hidden> wrote:

If there a version of TLA built for Msys/MinGW?

Yes, and the first time I tried it, I ran into the path name length
problem and didn't go any further.

Erik

I have a branch of the current tla code at

address@hidden/tla--short-path--1.3

My archive is available on the supermirror at:
http://mirrors.sourcecontrol.net/address@hidden

I also have a public repo if the super mirror doesn't update often enough. It does have the latest code right now, though.

I just got it (today) to the point where it seems to handle all the cases I throw at it. You can still run into path limitations if you have really long category names or archive names (in my case I have something with ~30 chars for each which causes problems.)

For it, I believe you need diff, diff3, patch, tar, gzip, and ssh. I'm not sure if there is anything else.

I run cygwin, and have never really had the need to setup Msys. If you have that, do you want to try compiling?

You need to use "configure --with-short-paths=1".

If you're interested, thanks. If not, no big deal.

John
=:->