[Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.4pre1 now available

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.4pre1 now available
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:40:23 -0600

I've uploaded the GNU arch 1.4pre1 testing candidate to
http://www.seyza.com/releases/tla-1.4pre1.tar.gz.  In the same
directory you can find the md5sum (24c19c163b2b67382c75d42fb85eb23e)
and my gpg signature.

You may recreate this tarball with:

    $ tla get address@hidden/dists--tla--1.4--patch-1 tla-1.4pre1
    $ tla build-config -r -d tla-1.4pre1 configs/gnu/This-release

Many thanks to Aaron Bentley, Cameron Patrick, Christian Thaeter,
Colin Walters, Haakon Riiser, James Blackwell, Jani Monoses, Joel
Rosdahl, Johannes Berg, Matthew Palmer, MLH, Robert Collins, Scott
Parish, and Yann Droneaud for their contributions (directly or not) to
this release.  Additional thanks to everyone else who contributed but
I have failed to mention (please notify me of any omissions).

Notable changes since tla-1.3 include:

  * merge changes from baz-1.0 and baz-1.0.1, including (but not
    limited to):

      * new commands `diff' and `switch',

      * `tag' has been deprecated (but not removed yet) in favor of
        `branch', and

      * `make-archive' creates archives using the new archive format
        introduced in baz by default.

  * the `-t' and `--tla' options to `make-archive' (introduced in baz)
    have been replaced by `--old'.

  * no more bundled `libneon'.

(baz-1.1 changes have been postponed from merging until i18n issues
have been worked out between the two projects.)

Because tla no longer bundles libneon, you'll need to provide it
yourself if you wish to compile tla.  On Debian systems this may be
provided by installing libneon24-dev, other systems should have
similar packages.

Note that if you're updating from tla-1.3, you should run `tla
archive-fixup' on any archives which you make available via HTTP.  tla
now expects to find the archive's `.archive-version' file in the top
level `.listing' which wasn't included by previous versions.  This is
harmless except for the warnings to anyone accessing your archives via
HTTP.

Please let me know of any release critical bugs or regressions.

Thanks everyone.