[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:33:53 +0900

Catalin Marinas <address@hidden> writes:
> I recently wrote a script that converts the Linux (BK->)CVS repository
> while preserving the changeset information (this repository, retrievable
> via rsync, has a ChangeSet file with all the logs and the other files'
> logs containing the changeset number). You could also use the same
> tla-cvs-sync script but it loses the individual changesets. It cannot
> track renames since CVS doesn't support them but it is still usable.

Note that tla-cvs-sync actually does _attempt_ to track renames, by
looking at the contents of added and deleted files (the best match with
under 10% of the text changed is considered a rename).  This usually
works correctly on my trees, but I suppose linux is pretty wild and
wooly sometimes...

Directly slurping the BK info of course seems a better approach though!

-Miles
--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]