Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees

From: Catalin Marinas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:25:09 +0000

Paul Mundt <address@hidden> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 12:20:06PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
>> Without running BK, it is hard to get this information. Their website
>> seems to only show standard diff files, which don't have the rename
>> information.
>>
> Rename information is available as well, on the parent page of where the
> diff is linked. ie:
>
> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/address@hidden|address@hidden

Well, not everybody uses BK to submit patches. BK doesn't track
renames occurring in normal patches and I don't think it's worth the
effort to add this. See the link below as an example:

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/address@hidden|address@hidden

Anyway, if somebody wants to track the renames, s/he can use the
X-BKCVS-Rev in the Arch log header and look into the corresponding
bkbits page. Below is the link for your example:

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.6/address@hidden

Unfortunately, BKCVS doesn't contain this rename information in the
logs so you need to access the web page, making mirroring slower.

Catalin