Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Mark Mitchell] Moving to an alternate VCS

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Mark Mitchell] Moving to an alternate VCS
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:41:26 +0000

On 07 Feb 2005 23:59:27 +1100, address@hidden wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:26:38AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> >
> > [I made some mention of arch, but was ignored.]
>
> I couldn't find your message in the gcc mail archives.
> I found the thread, but not your message.  Did something go wrong?

Here is the thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.devel/61207

It seems they are mostly happy with their current processes and don't
want to change them much. And they need something cross-platform.

To Miles: is not having arch taglines in files managed by another RCS
requires some strong discipline and awareness among the developers (i.e.
they should know to assign a new one when copying files). Is not it much
better and more transparent for both sides to use SVN <-> ARCH converter,
rather then having two incompatible ways of tracking file renames?

[Well, I am pretty biased against tagline even in arch managed project,
but this is a honest question about a preferable SVN -> ARCH process.]

Regards,
Mikhael.