Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Mark Mitchell] Moving to an alternate VCS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Mark Mitchell] Moving to an alternate VCS
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:20:56 +0900

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:41:26 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> wrote:
> To Miles: is not having arch taglines in files managed by another RCS
> requires some strong discipline and awareness among the developers (i.e.
> they should know to assign a new one when copying files).

No, not really; taglines are just another piece of information.  I've
had very nice success with them in Emacs, and by _far_ most annoying
problem is when developers try to do something with taglines.  If they
just ignore then entirely, things work very well.

> Is not it much
> better and more transparent for both sides to use SVN <-> ARCH converter,
> rather then having two incompatible ways of tracking file renames?

They are not incompatible...

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.