[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: GNU Arch status update

From: Mikhael Goikhman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: GNU Arch status update
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:26:06 +0000

On 08 Feb 2005 00:06:29 +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:

> tla add / delete / move / default-id
>       - remove these unneeded aliases

"add", "delete" and "move" is an intuitive interface, compatible with
other RCSes. These commands should not be removed even if their -id
counterparts are more technically correct.

> A mechanism to identify the currently checked out tree-revision (similiar
> to baz tree-id -- but if the name offends, pick another one!)

I would say confuses, not offends. "tree-revision" is a better term.

> These are the interface nits and warts that I'd hope can be fixed in a
> 1.3.x or a 1.4.x.

I agree with your other suggestions. I should add that changing
"tla --version" as mentioned in another place is very important too,
to easier detect tla 1.4 that introduces several interface changes.

Regards,
Mikhael.